As Governor DeWine released guidelines for a phased reopening of businesses in Ohio, the Guernsey County Public Library has also created a plan for a phased reopening. Starting on Tuesday, May 12, all branches of the Guernsey County Public Library will be open for curbside service. This means that:
- Customers may come to library locations and pick up holds they may have, and may also ask for other materials to check out. Items may now also be returned.
- We ask that you please call the branch you intend to visit before stopping by. On that call, you can indicate you are picking up holds, and you can ask for other items as well.
- If those items are in stock at the branch you are visiting, we will check those out for you and give them to you when you visit.
- While we are open for curbside service, patrons are not allowed inside the building under any circumstances.
- Wi-fi is still available in our parking lots.
Library administration is monitoring the coronavirus situation and will move the library into its next phase of opening when it is deemed safe enough for our customers and employees. Phones are available for voicemail messages Monday 5/11 and phone calls will be directly answered beginning on Tuesday 5/12.